Co-presented by the Warren Miller Performing Arts Center in Big Sky and the Sun Valley Museum of Art in a free, live virtual event, the Portland Cello Project continues to deliver on its three-fold mission:
1. To bring the cello places you wouldn’t normally see it (from wild dance parties, to formal symphony halls, to street parties, to Millennium Park in Chicago…).
2. To perform music on the cello you wouldn’t normally associate with the instrument alongside music from the Western Classical Tradition (from Pantera to Taylor Swift to Kanye West to Elliott Smith, alongside Bach, Rossini, and Saint-Saens, to name just a few…).
3. To build bridges between different musical communities through educational, community outreach, and through collaboration with myriad artists, from The Dandy Warhols to Garrison Keillor to Ural Thomas to Corin Tucker (Sleater-Kinney) to Jolie Holland to Peter Yarrow (Peter, Paul and Mary), among many others, and cellists such as Ben Sollee, Maya Beiser and Zoe Keating.
The Portland Cello Project originally performed on the WMPAC stage in our Debut Season in January of 2014.
HOW TO ATTEND WMPAC VIRTUAL EVENTS:
1. Register for the event by clicking “REGISTER” button above. Fill out the basic info (name and email) and submit.
2. You will receive a private link to the live event in a confirmation email.
3. Click the link to access the live stream. We will open the stream 10 – 15 minutes early so you can make sure that all is set.
Portland Cello Project (2014), Kronos Quartet, wild Up